- “This is a new chapter in both Luminell and Color Lights history, and we are excited about the opportunities that are ahead of us. With Color Light onboard, we can serve our customers worldwide with a more complete light solution” says Petter Veiberg, Managing Director in Luminell AS.
- We have been working closely together for many years and the acquisition comes very natural to us” says Mattias Svensson, Managing Director at Color Light AB. “Both companies being growing challengers in the market, the acquisition will simplify an even tighter cooperation in sales, marketing, product development in order to strengthen the continuing market growth for both companies’”
Se mer under brosjyrer.
- Operators on bridge deck are not disturbed by external lights, and preserves low light/night vision.
- Crane operators have a clear view of the loading areas, and are not disturbed by floodlights
- Crew on deck can see detailed objects, and shadows from objects are avoided.
- Other vessels and operations are not disturbed by the lights form the vessel.
This video will give some information about how we take these things into consideration when we make an outside floodlight simulation. Good illumination is often more than just to comply to the written requirements.
I will never forget the day when Petter Veiberg and I went to deliver our first 5 RLX LED floodlights on an Anchor Handling Tug Supply vessel (AHTS). The crew could not believe that these small RLX units would make any difference on such a relative large deck area. Especially that it would not solve the poor illumination on the very aft main deck. Even though we had some resistance, we insisted to go forward with our plan (I must admit we were nervous, because we had not even seen it ourselves before…). When the evening came, we were all excited and to our relief the solution exceeded all expectations. The most skeptical crew now became the most excited and enthusiastic and the aft maindeck became crisp and clear. The change were even so significant that one of the crew members cried out loud: “Now I can see in 3D!!” From now on he really saw all the details and contrasts he needed. We are very proud to know that these five RLX floodlights still function as predicted even after more than 5 years on board this vessel in these rough conditions.
This story, among many others, keeps us going. We are still as passionate in helping people solving visibility challenges in extreme or demanding applications. Because (we believe) light matters!
Now we are looking forward and understand that in order to help even more people, we need to scale up and become better in many areas. One important area to target has been the Luminell management team. I have been the Managing Director from the beginning, but I need to focus even more on R&D and overall business development. At the same time Luminell needs to increase in both capacity and efficiency and I would not be the right person for this job. Petter Veiberg is a skilled leader and has detailed insight into the core of Luminell. Therefore he was trusted to be the new Managing Director from the 1st of March 2016.
In addition to being R&D Director and part of the management team, I will be responsible for the Luminell identity, including brand and team culture. Ole Jacob Hanken is doing a significant work in professionalizing our sales work and will continue working as Sales Director. In addition he will continue on the management team and also has the role as Assistant Managing Director. I am personally very excited about this change and know that this is the best for Luminell.
Last year Luminell was awarded The Gazelle Price for 2015 in Møre & Romsdal, our county. We are very thankful to all our business partners who has worked with us in both small and bigger scale, because without you we would not have come this far.
We look forward to work together with you and to solve even more visibility challenges in the future!
Founder, R&D Director
Myrabakken Næringssenter Bygg 2, 6010 Ålesund ,